who am i

hi im wilder this is my room, make yourself comfy, it’s a lot of fun, i’d appreciate it if you took your shoes off to avoid ruining the rug, it ties the room together, i hope you enjoy your stay and make note of all of the fun things i have here, i enjoymy time in my room a lot, i make things and like to express the constantly moving things that i hear and think and see and feel and smell, sometimes there are a lotta things and sometimes there are a few things, but sit back and again please take your shoes off, i and my rug would appreciate that, thank you so much, sit back and enjoy

i like to watch movies and i love specifically to watch godard and horror and i love love love to watch some awful movies too, the ones that are super cheesy, follow me on letterboxd

i like to also read and i like to watch soccer and i love my manchester united and i love love love music too, i love the feeling of hearing a new song and immediately vibing with it and i just love it

im from los angeles, california, and live in the deep deep valley in north hollywood

but where to begin haha i don’t even really know

i was born on february 3, 2000, in cedar sinai hospital in los angeles

i was born to darcy and stephen many a nights ago and then i grew up and aged a lot and drank my milk and am now 6’2

here is a photo of me then and a photo of me now

my high school experience was pretty straightforward, i mean okay it really wasn’t, when i got out of my school bus in 2012 (so not high school) i saw both of my parents in the red prius, which they are never in together so i immediately heard the alarm bells ringing and then they opened the door for me and sat me down and told me that my dad had stage 4 colon cancer. i knew that was the start of the end with him, and after brain surgery and rehab and brain surgery and chemo and more chemo and more surgery and hospital visits and more rehab he passed away in the comforts of our home in 2015. my ears and head still rings when i think about it all, and about the 7200 seconds until i finally spoke to my mom and my brother and my sister, both who are half-siblings but they are siblings to ME! it was a bad year but the worst year of all time and ever for me and no one will tell me different. it also was exactly 54 days before my first day as a harvard-westlake student. private school was new and very difficult for me, and i don’t know if i liked it at all still but hey i got through it and made it here, see here is me smiling somewhat

but bowdoin i heard about bowdoin from Malcolm gladwell and after hearing the food options which had something to do with a sandwich knew i had to be here, so it was a full send and i applied ED and i recall waiting that day, decision day, watching something to take my mind off of things and voila i got in

through all these ups and downs and sideways turns i know that i am happy and beyond pleased and relieved to be at a place like this with people i care so deeply about and if you want to stick around on my journey follow me as i go through sophomore year and up up and away through my next two years

peace,

love,

mise en scene,

wilder

Posted in <a href="https://courses.bowdoin.edu/digital-computational-studies-2645-fall-2019-wshort/category/about-meeeeeeeeeee/" rel="category tag">about meeeeeeeeeee</a>