This panel discussion will involve student panelists from different racial backgrounds relating their experiences in discovering intersectionality while planning this teach-in on racism, social justice, and climate change.
Here are a few sample questions that the panelist might be asked:
- How does climate change affect you if at all?
- How does social justice and racism affect you?
- What has your Bowdoin experience been like as a “person of color”?
- Why would you think about climate change in light of what’s going on in the world (Ferguson, Baltimore, etc.)?
- Is climate change an important issue to you?
- How are you affected by what’s going on in the world (i.e., thinking outside of the Bowdoin bubble)?