Final Voyant Visualization

• It makes sense that “dystopian’ appears many times– I was reading a lot about dystopias, especially during the second half of the semester.
  • Also note the word “young”- I read a lot about how young people are represented in sf– I specifically thought about the YA genre (where books featuring dystopias have become really popular), so there’s an interesting connection there with the word dystopia as well.
  • It is interesting to me that “memory” appeared so often because I think this showed up in different contexts. Towards the beginning of the semester I read more about memory on the science side, but then I started diving into how memory is manipulated more in the context of sf stories.
  • Finally, I thought it was cool that “history” popped up- I did some reading about debates over the first piece of sf in history, as well as into historical inventions inspired by sf.

• **Note: I’m still struggling a little to get some of the stopwords to go away- not sure what’s going on but hopefully I get a copy up soon where they are fully eliminated.