Love is Blind: A sci-fi like experiment in romantic efficiency?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/love-is-blind-netflix_n_5e4f00e4c5b6a4525db869d6

A handful of men. A handful of women. Neither get to physically see each other, but instead go on dates in two adjacent pods. Only after they get engaged do they get to see each other, after about a week of this BLIND dating experience.

Is this the future of love?

2 thoughts on “Love is Blind: A sci-fi like experiment in romantic efficiency?

1. Professor Arielle Saiber

This sounds very interesting! What do you think about this set up? What do you think the future of dating will look like?

Reply
    1. Lucas Sheridan Post author

Honestly, I think that tindr and dating apps in general will be staples of new dating for a long time. These are already similar to the shows premise, being romantically involved without actually seeing someone, which was impossible for most of human history. This show very much “looks like something out of science fiction,” meaning I really can’t believe people would agree to MARRY each other in this way! It’s a bizarre set up generating a lot of buzz because of how strange of a concept it is. I guess if it works, though, there may be more demand. I am only on episode 3/10 after all (I started it after finishing my last blog) but am already hooked.

Reply