Scholarly Articles

This website has largely used images and forms of communication in order to portray the bullying epidemic and how it is being combatted from the community level in urban areas around the country. I would like to introduce this section here, which will look at two different kinds of scholarly articles – peer-reviewed and practitioner. Peer-reviewed journal articles are more derived based on statistics and have a strong foundation based on surveys, research, and analytics. They tend to conclude something that can help add to the existing literature on the topic and sometimes authors challenge or disagree with the status quo. Practitioner articles have a different audience – teachers and educators who may need some crucial information to help with their day to day interactions. For my particular topic, this would mean tools and ideas to help teachers in classrooms to handle bullying.

In this section, there will be one page devoted to summarizing and synthesizing two peer-reviewed articles and another doing the same for two practitioner articles. It is my hope that adding literature to the already listed resources can give people who view this site a holistic understanding of bullying and the amount of amazing work people are doing to end this horrible pattern of social behavior.