- Horton , M., & Freire, P. (1990). We Make the Road by Walking . Philadelphia, PA: Temple University Press.
- Rothstein, R. (2014). Segregated Housing, Segregated Schools. Education Week. Retrieved April 23, 2018, from https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2014/03/26/26rothstein_ep.h33.html?qs=racial segregation
- Sparks, S. D. (2016). Achievement Gaps and Racial Segregation: Research Finds an Insidious Cycle. Education Week. Retrieved April 23, 2018, from http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/inside-school-research/2016/04/achievement_gaps_school_segregation_reardon.html?qs=racial+segregation
- Seguin C, Nierobis A, & Kozlowski K. (2017). Seeing race: teaching residential segregation with the racial dot map. American Sociology Association. 1-11. Retrieved from http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0092055X16682303
- Trask-Tate, A., Cunningham, M., & Francois, S. (2014). The role of racial socialization in promoting the academic expectations of African American adolescents: Realities in a posi-brown era.Journal of Negro Education, 83(3), 281-427. Retrieved from https://login.ezproxy.bowdoin.edu/login?url=https://search.proquest.com/docview/1692281060?accountid=9681
- Anderson, M. (2016). Chicago’s Inescapable Segregation. The Atlantic. Retrieved May 18th, 2018 from, https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2016/08/chicagos-inescapable-segregation/496733/
- Chang, A. (2018) We can draw school zones to make classrooms less segregated. This is how well your district does. Vox. Retrieved May 18th, 2018 from, https://www.vox.com/2018/1/8/16822374/school-segregation-gerrymander-map
- Chenoweth, K., & Brown, C. (2018). A Few Unique Things About Chicago Public Schools. Center for American Progress. Retrieved May 18th, 2018 from, https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/education-k-12/news/2018/04/13/449513/unique-things-chicago-public-schools/
- Rado, D., Perez J., & Richards, J. (2015). Thousands of Illinois students skipped standardized test last year. Chicago Tribune. Retrieved May 18th, 2018 from, http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-parcc-opt-out-met-1210-20151209-story.html
- Wright, W. (2012). The Disparities between Urban and Suburban American Education Systems: A Comparative Analysis Using Social Closure Theory (Publication). Washington, D.C.: Howard University.