The Loneliest Girl in the Universe

Okay so this one’s cool. Science fiction meets psychological thriller. Super glad I’m posting about it because I learned that not only are there other books by this author (Lauren James) that I haven’t read, but also there’s a movie adaptation (dir. Ridley Scott) coming out next year! So if that isn’t enough of a reason to read it I don’t know what is! But here’s a summary anyway.

The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James

Through some strange circumstances (no spoilers) 16 year old Romy Silvers winds up being the only conscious passenger on a generation ship, completely and entirely alone. And things start getting weird. She’s hearing scratching on the walls, she’s getting reports of war breaking out on Earth, and her anxiety is slowly driving her insane. But she has one thing look forward to – a faster ship is on its way, and it seems like her solitude may finally end. It’s beautifully horrifying and has a great twist at the end. It’s hard to say much else without giving things away, so really just read it. The audiobook is also great (according to my best friend) if you want the full spooky experience.

Enjoy the spooks!