Strong and Confident

It was pouring outside, my mom brought out the boxes and albums of photos. I honestly do not remember the last time I looked at family photos. My mom grew up in Iran and the photos depicted a different time. The albums had photos of the first time my grandparents met, to when my mom was about 5. There were a good amount of people that I didn’t know, so I was curious about who they were. My mom told me about the people I didn’t recognize and even some funny stories about them.

We got to the last page of the only photo album left and the last photo was of a woman in her twenties standing next to a man. This woman looks strong and proud. She wears her outfit confidently. It is of my grandmother. She is energetic, outgoing, and the quality I admire most is that she follows her heart. She makes every decision confidently. Another photo caught my eye, it was of my grandmother holding my mother. 

She is loving and pours her heart in everything she does. My mom has inherited all of those great qualities. She is one of the toughest women I know. I have always admired her. It made me think about the things that get passed down not necessarily objects, but memories, characteristics, and life lessons.