- Refugee and Immigrant Transitions (RIT) – https://www.reftrans.org/
- RIT is a nonprofit operating in the San Francisco Bay Area providing free education, family engagement, and community leadership programs especially designed for immigrant students who have sought refuge due to war, violence, persecution, or economic duress. One of their key values includes: believing “in the power of education to unlock opportunity.”
- Chinese Newcomers Service Center (CNSC) – https://chinesenewcomers.org/en/front-page/
- CNSC is a nonprofit organization that provides multilingual services that help Chinese Immigrants adapt to life in the United States. CNSC’s mission includes bridging the Chinese and American cultures in order to facilitate the efforts of immigrants to be self-sufficient and contributing members to the community.
- Burma Refugee Family Network (BRFN) – https://www.brfn.org/history.html
- BRFN was founded in 2008 by refugees from Burma. It is a community-based organization to connect refugees to local resources, organizations, and social services. BRFN advocates for linguistically appropriate social support services. These services include language training, social welfare, education, physical and mental healthcare, employment, housing, and cultural bridging and preservation.
- Literacy Volunteers of Santa Fe (LVSF) – https://lvsf.org/about-us/
- LVSF provides free tutoring to adults in reading, writing and speaking English in order to improve community and workforce. LVSF was established to provide free tutoring services to adults that are trying to learn English as a second language.
- AARP Foundation Experience Corps – https://www.aarp.org/experience-corps/
- AARP Foundation Experience Corps is an intergenerational volunteer-based tutoring program that is proven to help children who aren’t reading at grade level become great readers by the end of third grade. The organization assists non-native English speaking recent immigrant children as part of its program.
- Partners in School – https://www.partnersinschools.org/
- The mission of Partners in Schools is to transform teaching and learning in the lowest-performing American public schools so that every student, regardless of background, thrives. The organization is focused on fact-based performance improvement and emphasizes English language teaching programs.