Then and Now- Destiny Kearney

For these photographs, I decided to take pictures from my family photo archives and recreate them the best way I could. It was a fun activity for me because I got to find old images, but also include my family in the process of recreating them. Looking at these images now, I notice the growth and aging that I’ve overlooked. This activity brought put laughs and memories, and although we are in a global pandemic, it’s allowed me time with my family that I haven’t gotten since I’ve been in college. I hope to continue this as time progresses to continue the act of storytelling through photographs.

One thought on “Then and Now- Destiny Kearney

1. lmiranda

Hey Destiny! I think it is amazing that you decided to recreate family photos, your attempts turned out very well done. I think this choice shows the passage of time even in a way that is similar in the slow seeing project. You get this immediate change of people getting older and our environment changing with us. The clothing and background is well done and shows the effort of trying to recreate something even if everything isn’t exactly the same. It is interesting to look back and forth between the photos and note the similarities and differences and the quality of the photo which plays a role in your recreation.