Where To-Dan Strodel

These are photos taken over the course of three days from Friday to Monday with my two co-quarantined friends. They document a mix of directed and undirected photos that narrate the events that took place. I’ve had the privilege of to spend most of my time outside in Maine where quarantine time has allowed space for peculiar places and happenings like my friends emptied out grandparents house, a farm with a porcupine problem and the mud flats of Wolfe’s Neck. I chose the photos here because my friends and the elements and themes within them tie together a narration that jumps from one photo to the next, much like we are ready to head out into any place that holds a new experience always asking ‘where to’. These photos represent the peculiarity of these adventures and the existence of fuller hidden narrative without readily giving up the mystery.

One thought on “Where To-Dan Strodel

1. fdzorens

I really like the portrait of Cirque with the empty pie pan, the books, and the broken hand. It’s an image that I want to keep looking at, and one where I think the viewer keeps noticing more and more things.