Format and Outline

I will be formatting my project as a week-in-the-life video. To me, studying vlogs and the intersections of authenticity and performance is great, but actually experiencing them will provide me with much more. By recording myself for one week, I hope to compile a video that will paint the most “authentic” representation of my life. The video will take into account all of the “artistic conventions” used by widely-followed YouTube vloggers.

I believe this is the most effective way to both understand and present these theories with respect to vlogs. Putting myself in the shoes of a content creator will expose me to any pressures they face far more than simply reading and writing will. Because this is so far out of my comfort zone, as well, I think the pressures I feel surrounding my performance will be heightened. That is, since I have never done anything like this, I will likely be analyzing what I say and how I say it more than I would if I make these every day. I look forward to taking on this project.