Format and Outline

Based on the way I am acquiring my data, I think it will be most beneficial to display my data in a more traditional paper. In an effort to showcase my qualitative and quantitative data effectively, an essay will allow me to organize my findings in the best manor. The main purpose of my project is to conduct surveys and in-person interviews to examine the sociological motivations behind fashion and clothing at Bowdoin. This leads to presenting the raw information at first followed by an analysis of that information in conjunction with other literary sources. It will also be necessary to separate the results into practical segments and case studies, which are appropriate for an original composition. Moreover, for the sake of arranging my data, a traditional paper will be more useful than a documentary, podcast, or other methods of display because of the order and chronology I am anticipating. An essay also allows me to illustrate both the statistics and qualitative findings I have accrued. I can provide statistics in one section and transcriptions of interviews in the next. Finally, and personally, I feel most confident with writing and will be able to be as clear as possible when laying out my findings and conclusions.