Luke Weinhaus Assignment 2

U-Th dating of carbonate precipitates allows for precise dating of Iberian red-paint cave art thought to be from modern humans.

With U-Th dating, art at La Pasiega/Maltravieso/Ardales sites were determined to be 64.8 KYA or older: the findings were deemed consistent.

Red-paint markings required light-source and premeditated thought, and were meaningful symbols of early behavioral modernity.

0 thoughts on “Luke Weinhaus Assignment 2

1. gbensen

Very intriguing questions! I think it comes back to our discussion about how men can use porn to make up for a failed masculinity, and how porn is produced for male consumption. By not seeing the man’s face, men can pretend they are the man in the video/picture.

2. icgray

I think your point about the homosocial fear men face when they watch men receive pleasure from sex is interesting. I also think that since men are taught that the domination of women through sex is hegemonically masculine, many men find pleasure in viewing women reacting to their own subordination.

3. ajjackso

Does ?? have the potential to be more egalitarian? Does the fact that ? use it disproportionately allow that possibility?

There is a homosocial fear, but I also believe the camera angles are a technique to allow ? to envision themselves as the man in the video.

4. dmleen

I think this question really has a lot to do with “the male gaze”, or the active gaze a man gives to a woman, without her want for it or not. We see heterosexual porn through the lens of the male gaze, because in a hegemonically masculine world men should always be able to gaze at and pursue any woman they want.