Virtual Music at Bowdoin

The Virtual Dance Concert

The Bowdoin community has participated in various virtual music events. On May 8th, the Department of Theater and Dance hosted a virtual dance concert to celebrate the work that students have done in class this semester. Students were able to express themselves through movement and music, and viewers were given the opportunity to see the work that they have been doing. Music and dance allows people to connect to each other emotionally even if they cannot connect physically, and the virtual dance concert is an example of people sharing a musical experience virtually.

We’re All in This Together

For a previous sociology project, I asked some friends to record videos of themselves dancing to “We’re All in This Together” from High School Musical. Not only does the song deliver a relevant message, but this project gave me the opportunity to reach out to friends that I hadn’t seen in a while. We can now joke about our shared experience of learning the choreography and filming ourselves as we danced around in our houses. It was a fun project that let us release some stress and reminded us that we are not alone.