Urban Education and Community Organizing
Grassroots Organizing in Education Case Study Website
Case study proposal due: October 29, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
Rough draft due: November 12, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
Findings presentations on: November 16 – December 3, 2020
Websites due: December 21, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
In this assignment, you will research and document the work that students, parents, teachers, and community members are doing to address barriers to educational equity in their local community. You will discuss a major barrier to equity within this community, a grassroots organization that has addressed this issue, and the strategies that stakeholders within this organization have used to address it. By completing this assignment, you will gain valuable research and presentation skills and learn how to design a website that conveys information effectively. You will also develop a case study that could inform the work of stakeholders in other contexts facing this same issue.
- Utilizing academic databases
- Analyzing scholarly and professional articles
- Evaluating web-based and social media sources
- Synthesizing various sources of information
- Analyzing information through writing
- Designing a user-friendly website
- Referencing sources (websites, social media, videos, images, and journal articles)