One thought on “Beginning of Spring”

1. As the weeks go on and I keep doing contour drawing I think I am getting a little tired. Nothing is quite as fresh and it takes more focus to get in the right mindset to create something unexpected and genuine through and through. This week I got to draw outside which was a nice change up. I drew my friends from a distance as we sat outside on the green social distancing. I also drew my kitchen again because it is the center of activity at home and I like just hanging around drawing as people move in an out. The foot, the typewriter, and the dog were all mostly just to loosen up and let go a little. I don’t like how the foot turned out because I tried shading and it just looks messy. The dog took one second and made me realize that I miss doing very short drawings – I resolve to do more this summer. The detailed kitchen one I like because it does capture the satisfying business of the kitchen spilling into the couch area. The typewriter was one where I was not going as intentionally and I got tired of all the keys so I just did them sloppily. Again the shadows are throwing me off. The one of my parents bedroom is not finished to me. I need to add people or objects on the floor. Overall, I think this weeks highlighted both how much I have to keep improving in contour drawing, and also how I want to try other mediums and styles more too. I think this summer I want to practice using pencil first, and then putting pen down, especially with portraits and figures. Any suggestions welcome as always! Thanks!