Final Week Calendar & Guidelines

Monday, May 4th, by 11:59 pm EST

Your latest drawing/s posted on Blackboard, with your usual 100-150 word self-assessment about this week’s progress.
Your artist’s statement (also 100-150 words) for our class show isn’t due until later this week.
____________

Tuesday, May 5th By 1:30 pm EST

Have a look at the work by the other people in your discussion group and make note of strong points and suggestions, but don’t write and submit comments on their work on Blackboard this time around–that will happen live at our Zoom meeting at 2:00. But do take notes if it helps to organize your thoughts and your remarks at the meeting.
If anyone in your group is not able to attend, please post your comment for that person on Blackboard, as usual.
Your discussion  groups, supplied by the random generator at sowhatifididitmyself.org, are:
Ali, Olivia, and Julie
Perrin, Claire, and Megan
Harry, Jack, Adam, and Nat

BUT–for the sake of discussion at our meeting, please have at least a brief look at everyone’s work and be prepared to make follow-up remarks about any of the work you’d like.
____________

Tuesday, May 5th, from 1:30 – 3:30 pm EST

Final class meeting on Zoom.
Unfortunately Harry might not be able to join us, but we hope to see him there (from China). Please let me know asap if this is true for you as well.
At this meeting each of you will comment on the drawing/s by the other people in your group with one affirmation and one suggestion. If another artist has multiple drawings no need to comment on each of them–just the one that interests you most. But comparisons between multiple drawings are more than welcome.
Being the end of the semester, you’re also welcome and encouraged to comment not only on this week’s work but any observations you might have about that person’s strongest, most interesting, or successful qualities in general that you’ve seen this semester, as well as suggested areas for growth.
Following the comments on each artist from the discussion group, there will be a brief opportunity for anyone to chime in. Let’s aim to keep each person’s discussion to around 7-8 minutes, which means 4-5 minutes from the discussion group and 2-3 from the class.
In the interest of time I’m going to keep a low profile but no worries–you’ll be hearing plenty from me.
____________

Tuesday Evening through Friday at Noon

You have this period of time to:
1) Make any refinements on your work, if you like.
2) Create additional work, if you like.
3) Edit your portfolio. Always better to go with fewer undeniably high quality drawings than more that begin to dilute the quality of the others or weaken the unity of your thesis.
4) Square up, crop, and edit your photos to the highest quality possible. This might require re-shooting in better light to get the best exposure. Even with the bells and whistles on Snapseed, it all begins with a good exposure.
5) Write your 100-150 word artist statement, describing your overall project.
6) Post your portfolio on our exhibition page (ideally 3 or more drawings, but possibly fewer). Stay tuned for information on how to do that.
Of course, I’d be happy to help you with any of the above. If I have any thoughts about your selection of work I’ll be in touch after it’s posted.
I think that’s it. Please call on me if there is anything I can add.
Thanks!