Mythological Countours

Faunus

16×24 Canvas, Micron pen/ color wash.
Adjustments on Procreate (Ipad, and pen)

X

Mermaid

16×24 Canvas, Micron pen/ color wash.

X

Minotaur

16×24 Canvas, Micron pen/ color wash.

X

One thought on “Mythological Countours”

1. Hello everyone!
    I went through all the comments from the last weeks in order to see which parts of my work I could improve. I realized I needed to refine some areas such the quality of the color and lines. In the past weeks, pictures didn’t really capture the intensity of the micron pen for the contours. Therefore I decided to take pictures, and then improve then on a program called “Procreate”. I changed a little bit the saturation of the drawings, and make the lines pop up more, because that was the purpose of my project, contour lines. When Mark recommended me Marcel Dzama, something that really made me fall in love with his work was how the drawing contrasted with the background. His work is mostly composed of a white or cream backgrounds, while the drawings are colored, this made me think of the importance of the backgrounds, as well, even if it’s empty or plain, holds the same weight of information and value, than the painted figures, and finally complementing each other. I decided to involve this idea of contrast with my work. Even though the figure and background are painted with the same color, the saturation of the figure is even higher, this saturation is even more obvious when the contour lines were added. But as I mention before, backgrounds also hold great importance, therefore I decided to add a historical description of the figure in the background, in a really subtle color, in order to do not really make people focus on the background, but the drawing as a whole, and complementing each other.