2 thoughts on “”

1. I chose to draw my sister. I took a variety of photos of her and this one conveyed a thoughtful, simplistic expression that I thought I would be able to capture. When I started, I found myself using more of a sketchy technique, but I tried to make sure that each of my strokes was intentional and contributing to the image. I struggled with the lips – even now, I feel that they do not fit with the face, but I could not figure out how to shift them so that they would fit in. Hair – and conveying many strands in not so many lines proved to be difficult as well. However, I am happy with the final product and am excited to keep improving on my portrait drawings.

1. Hi Anika! I really like this portrait of your sister. I do agree that the mouth is a little out of perspective. Since her face is turned a bit, if the right side of her mouth was shortened a little, it might look more in line with the rest of her face, which is in really good perspective. I really like the hair, it has movement and I can really see where the light hits it. I also really like her eyes, I can really see how the light hits them. Overall, I really like it I feel like I could recognize her if I saw her in real life!